Sunday 6 February 2011

Gothic Style and Fashion

Gothic fashion is a clothing style worn by members of the Goth subculture; a dark, sometimes morbid, eroticized fashion and style of dress. Typical Gothic fashion includes dyed black hair, black lips and black clothes. Both male and female goths wear dark eyeliner and dark fingernails. Styles are often borrowed from the Punks, Victorians and Elizabethans. Goth fashion can be recognised by its stark black clothing (or hair or makeup), The style initially emerged alongside the early 1980s Gothic rock scene.


In my music video I will aim to stay true to conventional Gothic themes and styles. I have taken inspiration from traditional styles of the Gothic genre, and I will apply them to my characters in the music video. It will contain conventional dress and costumes that conform to the traditional and expected traditions of the gothic genre.

Some of this information was found during research on wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment